19 Oct What do I do if my ADT Pulse Wifi Camera is Offline?
Have you pulled up your ADT Pulse app and noticed that your ADT Pulse wifi camera is offline? This means that your camera isn’t being detected.
ADT Pulse Wifi Camera Is Offline: How to Fix It
Here are 2 reasons why your ADT Pulse Wifi camera is offline:
- Power Is Lost
- Wifi Signal Failed
Let’s run through what to do for each of these problems.
Power is Lost
One of the biggest reasons your ADT Pulse wifi camera may be offline is due to power loss.
First things first, check to see if the LED lights on your camera are on. If they aren’t, you’ll want to check to make sure that the device is plugged in and double check the outlet.
Once you make sure there is power, it’s a good idea to to put your ADT Gateway and ADT Pulse Camera through a power cycle.
Here’s how you do a power cycle:
- Disconnect power from both the gateway and the camera for several minutes.
- Power up the gateway first, and give it 5 minutes to reconnect.
- Power up your camera next and give it some time to reconnect.
Wifi Signal Failed
The other reason your ADT Pulse wifi camera may be offline is that it is in a wifi dead zone. This may be especially true if you recently moved your gateway or camera.
Try moving your camera closer to the gateway and do another complete power cycle by unplugging the power cord from the camera, waiting a couple minutes, then plugging it back in.
That should solve the problem!
Depending on your wifi’s strength and where you have your cameras, you may want to look into a Wifi range extender.
If the above information doesn’t work, the last thing you’ll want to try is deleting the ADT Pulse wifi camera from the system, then adding it back.
After you’ve deleted your wifi camera, here’s how you can add it back to your system:
- Log onto the ADT Pulse Portal.
- Go to the Systems Tab, and click on “Manage Devices” and follow the prompts.
- For the camera, connect the ethernet to the gateway device’s LAN port. You’ll need the Server ID from the wifi camera and enter that into the Pulse web portal screen.
Whether your ADT Pulse wifi camera experiences power loss due to a tripped circuit breaker, or if you’re wifi camera is in a dead zone, the above information will help you get your camera back online and running!
Want to learn more about your ADT Pulse System, like how to arm it? Click here!