17 Oct How Does The ADT Doorbell Stand Up to The Competition?
How Does The ADT Doorbell Stand Up to The Competition?
The ADT Command Doorbell is a wireless HD Doorbell Camera that connects to your ADT Command System. It delivers 1080P HD Resolution to your smart phone, tablet, or ADT Portal so you can see who is at your door. It can work with analog or digital chime doorbells. Also, it’s easy to install and replace your existing doorbell button. So how does the ADT Doorbell stand up to the competition? Let’s find out!
Doorbell Key Features:
- Slim and attractive appearance
- Control the security system from one app including device control
- Live, real-time conversation.
- High Quality HD video including De-warping for full video viewing
- Fully integrates with alerts, automations, schedules, and modes
- Reduces false motion events: combines analytic detection of people, cars, animals, and other objects and pairs it with other motion data (PIR and pixels) to decide if the event was true or not.
- Includes wedge kit
- Always on kit available for cold weather climates
- Power Kit is required if connecting to an existing digital Doorbell
- Priced competitively in the market place at $199 Retail
Each doorbell camera listed below are currently the most common cameras installed into a home. Compare each camera’s features below:
*Optional battery pack available for purchase with ADT Command.
Key Differences in Cameras:
Field of View:
Field of view can be a deciding factor when purchasing a doorbell camera depending on your location and the range that you may need to see. As shown below, you can see that it is important to have a concise field of view for your specific application. Overall we recommend a larger field of view since it is more versatile and can capture a wider picture.
Night vision is another great aspect to look for when purchasing doorbell cameras. However, it’s definitely not their defining quality. Although night vision can be great for guests at the door after the sun goes down, the range can only go so far before becoming un-clear. Fortunately when you purchase the ADT Command Doorbell Camera, it has a range of 16′ at night. It can certainly be important for break-ins or other home invasions that typically happen at night. However, if you’re looking for farther range and more coverage, we recommend installing an IP camera system instead of relying solely on your doorbell camera.
Many people tend to overlook integration when purchasing a doorbell camera, which is a big mistake. Having your doorbell being fully integrated with your smart home provides home-owners a much higher user experience. For instance, when you have all your smart devices inter-connected in a relationship together under one system including; doorbell, cameras, doorlocks, lighting, thermostats, and more, it provides simple control and accessibility to your entire home through one app instead of 5 or more apps. This is why it’s key in making sure your doorbell will be compatible with your existing equipment, or with future smart home devices you install. We recommend either the ADT or Skybell doorbell since these are full feature when connected to your smart home.
- Superior night vision range up to 16′, which is higher than all other common video doorbell cameras.
- More reliable in cold weather temperatures except for the Skybell Doorbells.
- Video storage can store up to 6,000+ clips per month depending on your ADT Package. (Video Package or higher)
- DIY installation with simple setup and remote control through your mobile device.
- Furthermore, It provides higher customization by coming with two mounting plates that you can choose from just in case you have a single gang box behind your doorbell.