17 Jan ADT’s New Website and App Platform Called ADT Control
ADT Control is the new interactive services app from ADT. ADT Control works with the new ADT Command Panels.
The new website is called control.adt.com and the app is called ADT Control.
The ADT Control platform replaces the ADT Pulse platform that ADT has used for the last 6 years to provide interactive services for millions of ADT Customers.
The new ADT Control platform will have nearly all the features that ADT Pulse has had with addition of some new exciting ones. It will continue to help residential and small business customers to control their alarm system, locks, lights, garage doors, thermostats, and watch video. The only feature that might be lost is the ability to have home view where you can put your devices on a floor plan display.
ADT Control features
These are some of the new and exciting features of the ADT Control platform:
- Cameras can be seen on Apple Watch as well as ability to control the alarm and automation
- Cameras will have a shorter “cool down” period in between recorded clips closer to 30 seconds. (ADT Pulse Cameras had a 5 minute cool down)
- Geofencing services to get reminders to arm the system, change temperature, or pause recording on cameras while customers are home.
- Integration with MyQ Garage Door Controllers
- Integration with Alarm.com devices
- Unexpected Activity Alerts
- Dawn and Dusk Features – so you can set your lights to turn on and off with the sunrise and not have to change the times several times a day on your schedules
- Program codes for deadbolts from ADT Control website
- Manage users and codes easier
- Access from TV with Amazon FireTV, Amazon FireTV Stick, or 4th gen Apple TV with the downloaded app to view cameras.
- Crash and Smash feature
- Notifications when a zone is left open for a specified period of time
- Power Outage notifications when a high percentage of users in a 5 mile radius also lose power
- Multi-language support
- Ability to arm in silent mode, or no delay
- Lights can be grouped together for easier control
How can I get the ADT Control App?
If you have recently had the new ADT Command system installed in your home and you are wondering how to get the app on your smart phone, here are a few easy steps to guide you.
- Look in your email for 2 emails from ADT Security (firstname.lastname@example.org). One will have a subject “Email verification from ADT Security” and the other “Welcome to ADT Security!”. (See pics) They might get sent to your Spam folder, so if you don’t see them, take a look there and make sure you mark them not as spam so future notifications from your new ADT Command system are not sent there.
- Click on “Verify” and “Get Started” in each of those emails and set up your password and notification settings.
- Once you have done those initial steps, download the app from the itunes or the google play store.
- You should now be able to log in using your username and password.
Dan WooPosted at 17:29h, 13 April
Does this only work with new panels? I tried logging in to the app and it doesn’t accept my credentials. But I can still get into the old app and site.
admin2Posted at 13:42h, 17 April
Yes this new app and web portal called ADT Control is only for people that have the new ADT Command Panel (and in some cases 2gig or qolsys panels). If you have ADT Pulse currently you will not be able to use the new app unless you replaced your system.
Dawna BrownPosted at 09:31h, 15 May
In the control app, what do I need to do to make the doorbell video record? I can see the live stream, but I haven’t figured out how to record from the app.
admin2Posted at 09:11h, 17 May
If you click on the top left menu it will show you options like home, scenes, security system, etc… One of the options is going to be doorbell camera. Click on that and you should see the option to record. You should also be able to see it from logging in from the browser under video, recording rules.
PhilPosted at 11:08h, 10 July
Can you add your own z-wave devices to ADT Control like with the Pulse system?
admin2Posted at 08:24h, 11 July
Not yet, not sure ADT will give that ability to the customer again. But if we did the install it is easy for us to put an account in learn mode so you could add the device.
chris hancockPosted at 13:38h, 30 September
how many users can have own password?
Kelsey McCallisterPosted at 10:04h, 26 March
ADT Control can support up to 96 users
CPosted at 18:32h, 04 October
Can you view your cameras through the command panel? Doorbell or others
admin2Posted at 15:01h, 09 October
No not currently. Only the Qolsys Panel can do that.
Leticia GeorgiaPosted at 08:19h, 05 November
Are tenants only able to access control at panel, with the code I created for them and not remotely through app on their phone?
I don’t want them to have full control but would want them to have the ability to set up from their phone if say, they left to work and forgot to arm the alarm. How can they too download app and control access through phone app without compromising my password?
admin2Posted at 16:55h, 20 November
Yes you can give them access to just use a code on the keypad and not use the app if you want. You can also add them as an app user if you wanted. You can remove them whenever you want also, if they move out.
MarkPosted at 21:16h, 27 November
How do I get into learn mode so I can add home automation? My technician didn’t add any off my existing home automation except for Alexa. I don’t want to have to buy another hub when is supposed to work with my zwave devices like non Adt lights and switches.
admin2Posted at 15:04h, 04 December
You need to ask the technician, dealer, or ADT to put it into learn mode. We can try, but usually we are not given access if we were not the installing dealer
NataliaPosted at 16:00h, 12 January
I would like to invite users to have app access so that they have the ability turn the alarm on and off remotely from their phone however, I don’t want to give them full access to the account through my username and password. How can I invite them without giving them full access?
admin2Posted at 06:39h, 22 January
Yes you can invite them and you can decide how much access they have
SophiePosted at 17:13h, 16 January
How do you add app users to adt control? Do you have to enter your own login password for them on their phone? Or can you send them an invite?
admin2Posted at 06:39h, 22 January
You need to log into the app or the web portal and then add their email address as a login user. Then it will email them so they can set up a password.If you go to users and then switch to the login users vs users that use a code for the keypad you should see it.
Diana CurtisPosted at 07:34h, 18 January
Is there a way to automatically set control to turn on alarm at a set time?
admin2Posted at 06:31h, 22 January
Not currently, possibly in the future
Bobbie J SimpsonPosted at 15:42h, 16 April
I cannot get the adt system enabled on alexa.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kelsey McCallisterPosted at 08:29h, 17 April
You may need to check in with ADT and verify that the Alexa skill is enabled on your system. It’s something they should be able to fix remotely. After that, you should be able to enable the skill in the Alexa app. Please fill out a “Contact Us” form if you need additional assistance!
Amber RicherzhagenPosted at 12:08h, 09 June
My outdoor camera shows me live feed but doesn’t record any clips and isn’t detecting motion. What could the problem be?
admin2Posted at 09:16h, 10 June
You will want to make sure that you have a recording rule to record a clip if there is motion. If you have one of those it should start. Please contact us if we can help more.
Kenny KampPosted at 10:58h, 08 February
When did ADT Command become available as they installed Pulse for me and gave me no other
Jacob MenkePosted at 14:34h, 13 February
It has been available since 2019. So 2 years. ADT Pulse might be used in certain circumstances but most new customers are on the new ADT Command and Control platform.
josh rPosted at 12:22h, 13 March
I have two homes with ADT, when I log in online it lists them on the left as josh’s system and josh’s system. can i rename them so one says “denver house” and the other one says “grandma’s house” ?
Jacob MenkePosted at 17:20h, 20 March
Yes, if you click on settings and then system information, you will see the System Name section. You can name it whatever you would like.