17 Jan ADT’s New Website and App Platform Called ADT Control
ADT Control is the new interactive services app from ADT. ADT Control works with the new ADT Command Panels.
The new website is called control.adt.com and the app is called ADT Control.
The ADT Control platform replaces the ADT Pulse platform that ADT has used for the last 6 years to provide interactive services for millions of ADT Customers.
The new ADT Control platform will have nearly all the features that ADT Pulse has had with addition of some new exciting ones. It will continue to help residential and small business customers to control their alarm system, locks, lights, garage doors, thermostats, and watch video. The only feature that might be lost is the ability to have home view where you can put your devices on a floor plan display.
ADT Control features
These are some of the new and exciting features of the ADT Control platform:
- Cameras can be seen on Apple Watch as well as ability to control the alarm and automation
- Cameras will have a shorter “cool down” period in between recorded clips closer to 30 seconds. (ADT Pulse Cameras had a 5 minute cool down)
- Geofencing services to get reminders to arm the system, change temperature, or pause recording on cameras while customers are home.
- Integration with MyQ Garage Door Controllers
- Integration with Alarm.com devices
- Unexpected Activity Alerts
- Dawn and Dusk Features – so you can set your lights to turn on and off with the sunrise and not have to change the times several times a day on your schedules
- Program codes for deadbolts from ADT Control website
- Manage users and codes easier
- Access from TV with Amazon FireTV, Amazon FireTV Stick, or 4th gen Apple TV with the downloaded app to view cameras.
- Crash and Smash feature
- Notifications when a zone is left open for a specified period of time
- Power Outage notifications when a high percentage of users in a 5 mile radius also lose power
- Multi-language support
- Ability to arm in silent mode, or no delay
- Lights can be grouped together for easier control
How can I get the ADT Control App?
If you have recently had the new ADT Command system installed in your home and you are wondering how to get the app on your smart phone, here are a few easy steps to guide you.
- Look in your email for 2 emails from ADT Security (firstname.lastname@example.org). One will have a subject “Email verification from ADT Security” and the other “Welcome to ADT Security!”. (See pics) They might get sent to your Spam folder, so if you don’t see them, take a look there and make sure you mark them not as spam so future notifications from your new ADT Command system are not sent there.
- Click on “Verify” and “Get Started” in each of those emails and set up your password and notification settings.
- Once you have done those initial steps, download the app from the itunes or the google play store.
- You should now be able to log in using your username and password.