05 Jul New ADT Command and Control Updates
Posted at 15:59h in ADT Control, New Equipment and Features 6 Comments
New ADT Command and Control Updates
New User Interface for ADT Command Panel
Since June 24th, New ADT Command and Control Updates were sent through an “Over the Air” (OTA) update to customers including firmware.
NOTE: Updates are currently only available for customers with panels that connect to WiFi. Once the update is sent out, plan on a new BLUE SCREEN to confirm update is complete. (Instead of the previous grey screen)
This update includes several improvements:
– Updated user interface
- The keypad looks similar to the app now
- Plan on a new BLUE SCREEN on panel to confirm update is complete
- Minor UI improvements, including shortcuts for easier navigation
- Active header bar to return home from any screen
– Chime Update:
- Separate tone and voice so customers can choose if they want one or both
- No Chime
- Voice Chime and Tone Chime
- Voice Chime Only
- Tone Chime Only
- Shorten tone to single chime instead of two chimes
- Remove beeps
- 2-Way Voice & Alexa in the panel – for Hybrid with 7” touchscreen
– Improved French & Spanish language
- 1.1 Help Videos – English, French, Spanish
New Peripherals – Updates
- Wireless Exterior Siren – Now you can put a siren outside your home or business, anywhere you want!
- Emergency Panic Pendant – Panic button for home or business
- Wireless Flood Sensor – Detect if there is damaging water in your home or business
- Wireless 2-Button Panic – If you want one that has 2 buttons that need to be pushed instead of one to reduce false alarms
- Wireless Carbon monoxide detector
- Wireless Heat Detector
ADT is continually working to make sure the ADT Control app offers the features and capabilities that our customers demand. This includes functionality that integrates with a number of industry partners!
- No longer using Skybell – It is out of stock and ADT will now be using the ADT Doorbell
- Alexa Guard – ADT will be offering the Alexa Guard services
- Enhancement of Notifications: Added the ability to more easily manage push notifications. Quickly enable and disable a current device (i.e., the one on which the app is installed) from the rules that already exist on the account.
- Android Video Playback Improvements: Ability to stream video clips versus downloading it when the customer chooses to play video on their app.
- Android Edit Home Screen: Ability to hide tiles that a customer doesn’t want to see on their home screen.
- Sonos Integration: Sonos smart speakers can also be added to an ADT Control ecosystem to include audio automation as part of a smart home. Using the ADT Control app, customers can control and playback audio on their Sonos speakers, wherever they are. They also can make scenes to create the perfect ambiance.
EmilyPosted at 15:40h, 24 November
how can I change the chime? I want it to go back to just the beeping 2 or 3 times. The “song” makes me crazy.
Kelsey McCallisterPosted at 12:26h, 08 April
On the ADT Command Smart Security Panel:
Tap the right arrow to get to the Tools icon.
Tap the Tools icon and enter Master User Code.
Then Tap the Settings icon
Drag the slider to the right or left on the Volume bar to adjust the volume.
Select Chime to mute chimes and voice announcements (highlighted [blue] button indicates active, dimmed [gray] button indicates that Chimes and voice announcements are muted).
You can find answers to other commonly asked questions here: https://zionssecurity.com/faq-security/top-questions-about-adt-command-home-security-systems/
John BradyPosted at 21:07h, 21 November
It would be realy nice if the put in a update that let’s you see who’s at the doorbell camera, from the Security Panel. Instead of haveing to go get a phone, load an app, and bring up the camera. I could instead just look at the Security Panel, press the talk butten and ask “who is it?” My mom who does not know how to use a smart phone, or PC could too. Call me nuts . . . but that seems like it would be safer. Maybe you could get on this ADT??? Soon.
Jacob MenkePosted at 16:11h, 10 December
Yes. It is on the road map and should be a working feature next year sometime.
Khaled almadhounPosted at 11:34h, 25 November
I was promised by a tech that the touch panel would be updated through software to link with the doorbell camera and show who’s at the door. Is this still happening? Thank you!
Jacob MenkePosted at 16:10h, 10 December
It is a feature that is supposed to come out next year.