05 Jul New ADT Command and Control Updates
New ADT Command and Control Updates
New User Interface for ADT Command Panel
Since June 24th, New ADT Command and Control Updates were sent through an “Over the Air” (OTA) update to customers including firmware.
NOTE: Updates are currently only available for customers with panels that connect to WiFi. Once the update is sent out, plan on a new BLUE SCREEN to confirm update is complete. (Instead of the previous grey screen)
This update includes several improvements:
– Updated user interface
- The keypad looks similar to the app now
- Plan on a new BLUE SCREEN on panel to confirm update is complete
- Minor UI improvements, including shortcuts for easier navigation
- Active header bar to return home from any screen
– Chime Update:
- Separate tone and voice so customers can choose if they want one or both
- No Chime
- Voice Chime and Tone Chime
- Voice Chime Only
- Tone Chime Only
- Shorten tone to single chime instead of two chimes
- Remove beeps
- 2-Way Voice & Alexa in the panel – for Hybrid with 7” touchscreen
– Improved French & Spanish language
- 1.1 Help Videos – English, French, Spanish
New Peripherals – Updates
- Wireless Exterior Siren – Now you can put a siren outside your home or business, anywhere you want!
- Emergency Panic Pendant – Panic button for home or business
- Wireless Flood Sensor – Detect if there is damaging water in your home or business
- Wireless 2-Button Panic – If you want one that has 2 buttons that need to be pushed instead of one to reduce false alarms
ADT is continually working to make sure the ADT Control app offers the features and capabilities that our customers demand. This includes functionality that integrates with a number of industry partners!
- No longer using Skybell – It is out of stock and ADT will now be using the ADT Doorbell
- Alexa Guard – ADT will be offering the Alexa Guard services
- Enhancement of Notifications: Added the ability to more easily manage push notifications. Quickly enable and disable a current device (i.e., the one on which the app is installed) from the rules that already exist on the account.
- Android Video Playback Improvements: Ability to stream video clips versus downloading it when the customer chooses to play video on their app.
- Android Edit Home Screen: Ability to hide tiles that a customer doesn’t want to see on their home screen.
- Sonos Integration: Sonos smart speakers can also be added to an ADT Control ecosystem to include audio automation as part of a smart home. Using the ADT Control app, customers can control and playback audio on their Sonos speakers, wherever they are. They also can make scenes to create the perfect ambiance.