The ADT Low Amp Indoor Siren is an indoor alarm siren with a piezo sounder. This siren is unique since it only draws 60mA when set to the low output and 110mA when set to the high output. This is an important feature as some Honeywell alarm control panels don’t have enough sounder output to power sirens that draw a lot of current.
If this isn’t the siren that you’re looking for, please check out our other sirens.
- Simply snap open the case and let the front case swing down. Then mount the back case to the wall. Make all necessary wire connections before swinging the front case back up into place and snapping the ADT Low Amp Indoor Siren shut.
- To select the current output of your ADT Low Amp Indoor Siren indoor alarm siren, you simply move the jumper. Covering the (2) left pins with the jumper will set the siren to the high output and covering the right (2) pins with the jumper will set the siren to the low output.
- There is a printed diagram above the jumper to guide you. When you select the high output, the current draw is 12VDC, 110mA. And the sound pressure output is 106db at a distance of 1 meter. The low output draws 12VDC, 60mA current and produces a sound pressure output of 100db at a distance of 1 meter. You should set the jumper before making your wiring connections.
- Once the jumper is set, wire the ‘Term. #1’ terminal to the sounder (+) terminal on your alarm control panel and wire the ‘GND’ terminal to the sounder (-). You can also ground on your alarm control panel to complete the installation of your ADT Low Amp Indoor Siren.
- For use when auxiliary current is limited – has a selectable current/sound pressure option with current as low as 60mA while still producing 100db.
- 106db/110mA with high-output
- Patented case design fits single gang electrical box or wall plate
- Snap-open hinged case cover for faster installation
- Corner or ceiling mounting with no additional brackets or hardware
- Channeled case back for convenient wiring access
- Easy terminal block wire connections
The Wave’s unique snap-open HINGED CASE DESIGN- an industry first for sounders – allows for installation without disassembly
The Wave-F speaker and Wave 2F siren can be RECESSED in a standard double gang electrical box
TERMINAL STRIP – no soldering or splicing required