10 Feb ADT Security Service adding control from Samsung TV app, A/V Control, and Medical Monitoring
ADT Consumer Electronics Show
ADT was a hit at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) back in February 2013. This is what some media outlets said about it.
- “The ADT booth is surprisingly hip, with modern décor, very cool tradeshow-faux-wood-flooring and an open feel.” – Julie Jacobson, CE Pro
- “ADT Corp. has been pushing a line of smart-home security products called Pulse. At this year’s show, ADT showed off a new partnership with South Korea’s Samsung Corp. Buy one of Samsung’s smart TV sets and you’ll find an app that lets you control your home’s ADT Pulse systems.” – Hiawatha Bray, The Boston Globe (online)
- “ADT, a home security provider, is among those at the convention promoting a totally seamless and real time access to practically everything. ‘So we built it on a fully opened standard, so we have wifi, it is all wireless and you can manage any appliances, you can manage any lights, you can manage your thermostats, integrate your entertainment systems, like we are demonstrating here on Samsung,’ explained Don Boerema, of ADT Home Security Systems.” – Jessica Menton, International Business Times
- “’People are untethered and want to connect and manage their home, security and energy, from their tablet or phone,’ echoed Tony Wells, chief marketing officer at ADT. But ADT isn’t banking solely on the smartphone; it’s also partnered with Samsung to bring those tools to your TV. “We think the TV is going to be a command center [for connected devices and services]. Most usage comes from mobile devices, but when you get home, you’re going to use your TV as the main interface.” The idea is that you can check who’s at your front door, or program your home’s locks, without turning away from your favorite TV show.” – David Teicher, Advertising Age (online)
What ADT Showcased
ADT showcased their ADT Pulse Home Automation at the Consumer Electronics Show, along with the new announced partnership with Samsung Smart TV. This new partnership allows ADT customers to control their security system, cameras, and home automation all from their couch on the TV. Other offerings with home automation (like Vivint or Xfinity) with security don’t have integrated TV option. You can also control your audio on Airplay with the ADT Pulse app on the Samsung Smart TV.
ADT was also the first to announce a partnership with a medical home health solution. They have partnered with Ideal Life. This company makes wireless monitoring devices for diabetes, asthma, obesity, congestive heart failure, and more.
See the many articles below to learn more.
- Advertising Age: Smart Homes Are Here, But Adoption Hurdles Exist
- The Boston Globe: Smart appliances help run your household
- CE Pro: Why the Heck is ADT at CES 2013?
- CNN: Digital health for kids, seniors and workout buffs
- EuroNews: Big TVs are king at 46th CES
- Gear Diary: ADT Showcases the Smart Home
- International Business Times: CES 2013 Lights Up Las Vegas With Technology Trendsetters
- NPR/NPR.org: Consumer Electronic Show Highlights Home Technology
James ThomasPosted at 14:34h, 20 February
I have ADT security system with outside security camera and also have a samsung smart tv but I can’t find ADT pulse app on it no where so I can view live on my tv. Any ideas what to do?
adminPosted at 14:57h, 20 February
That is a good question. Since this initial announcement I have seen nothing about the integration with ADT Pulse and Samsung tvs. I will have to see if I can get an answer from someone at ADT for you.
Janice prescottPosted at 15:07h, 23 December
How do I install adt app. On my Samsung 4k
Zions Security AlarmsPosted at 10:38h, 17 April
Search for the ADT Pulse app in the app store.
Jose BarbosaPosted at 13:27h, 12 December
How I be able to integrate my outside security cameras in to ADT security ?
Kelsey McCallisterPosted at 14:42h, 15 December
It would depend on what kind of cameras you have and which ADT Service you’re looking to get.