25 Nov 2GIG GC2 Panel: Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you recently purchased the 2GIG GC2 panel or have had it for a while and are wanting to make the most out of its features, you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s brush up on some of the most frequently asked questions surrounding the 2GIG GC2 panel so you can unlock its awesome benefits.
The Top 2GIG GC2 Panel Questions: All Of the Answers
Here are the top 2GIG GC2 panel question and answers so you can maximize all the features available.
#1. How many user codes are available?
There are 60 user‐unique 4‐digit codes to operate the system. There is 1 master user code that you can use to manage all the user codes.
#2. What is the “duress” code and how can I use it?
When you control the system with this special code, it gives the appearance that it is a normal operation. But it actually sends a secret report to the Central Station to signal a silent alarm call.
The duress button is secretly the system logo in the bottom right corner. Press that logo and then enter a 4-digit code to use as the new duress code.
#3. When I go to arm my system, my home button isn’t lit up. Why is that?
The Home button lights green when all perimeter sensors are closed. The Home button is not lit if any perimeter sensor is open.
#4. Is there an easy way to see which perimeter sensor is open?
Yup! To view any open perimeter sensors, tap the Status button at the top of your display screen.
#5. How can I enable an Exit Delay so that I can get out of my house after arming it without setting it off?
Setting an Entry delay is simple:
- Tap the arm button
- Place a check mark in the “Entry Delay box”
#6. What is Auto Stay mode?
If your installer programmed this function, that means if this option is on and your system is armed for Away mode, if no exit/entry delay is triggered (for example, if you decide not to leave) during the Exit Delay time limit, the system will change to Stay mode.
#7. I accidentally set my Fire alarm off when I burned my dinner. How can I disable it?
Simply do the following:
- Enter your user code to turn off the alarm sound.
- Check the alarm memory to find out which sensor signaled the alarm
#8. What Emergency functions are available?
There are a total of 3 Emergency functions:
To see which Emergency functions have been installed on the Emergency screen, press the “+” button.
To signal an emergency, press the emergency button and hold it for at least 2 seconds.
#9. I want to test my panel every so often, how do I do that?
It’s a good idea to routinely check your panel to make sure it is functioning properly:
- Go to the System Test control screen and a list of tests will appear.
- Simply tap on each button within this list and hit Yes or No to respond to the test question.
- Once you respond to the test questions, click the OK button.
- When the System Test Successful screen pops up, just click OK.
#10. How can I customize my chime sounds for each sensor?
To customize the chime options/sounds for each sensor:
- Tap the Security button on the Home screen.
- Tap the Menu screen on the Security screen.
- Next, tap on the toolbox.
- Enter your master user code.
- Then tap on the Chime Setup.
- A display screen will appear and show all the installed sensors that have a chime capability and the current chime option enabled.
- To pick a different chime option for a sensor, tap on the sensor button. For each sensor there are 14 chime options to pick from.
- Select the option you want then tap Ok.
Master Your Panel
Have any questions that we didn’t answer about the 2GIG GC2 panel? Be sure to leave us a comment below!