06 Sep Why you should add a photoelectric smoke detector to your security system monitoring
One feature a home or business security system provides is the ability to add a wired or wireless smoke and heat detector. Most homes contain ionization smoke detectors that have monitoring. Adding a monitored one with a security company is usually a smart move.
Benefits of a monitored photoelectric smoke and heat detector
1. The ordinary ionization smoke detectors are inexpensive and not very thorough. If there’s a slow burning smoky fire, it may not trigger your existing ionization smoke detectors. Photoelectric smoke detectors will detect both fast burning fires and slow burning smoky ones. Watch this video done by a news channel in Indiana to see the difference.
2. A monitored smoke detector is going to contact someone to get help. There’s no way to save someone’s life or property if no one knows what’s happening.
3. Home owners insurance can give a larger discount at times if you have burglary and fire protection.
4. Monitored smoke detectors usually come with a heat detector also included, so it can tell the difference when the temperature has been raised rapidly.
5. If the battery goes low on a monitored smoke detector, the alarm system and monitoring station will alert you. If the battery dies on the ionization smokes, it will beep and then stop. No one will alert you about it.
6. Every year many lives are saved because of monitored smoke and heat detectors.
Those are the top 6 reasons why you should have a monitored photoelectric smoke and heat detector added to your home security today. But you don’t need to replace the ones you have; just add one or more so you have better protection against fire and smoke.